Offer a place where consumers can become educated about your business.
By combining data with an integrated marketing management strategy, organizations can make a substantial impact in these key areas:
Retention and Loyalty
The marketplace is saturated. Social media marketing takes an army (and still your brand may fall along the wayside). So how do you get noticed online by your target audience? Here are three things to do:
Create a Digital Marketing Plan
If you want to succeed online, you need a plan — with research, quantitative validity that supports market demand, target economics around your concept, and a revenue model. This is known as a Digital Marketing Plan.
The DMP outlines your products and services, online target audience and related behaviors, budget for all the elements of online and integrated marketing, resources to fulfill, and specific details about what you need to do in search marketing, social media, online PR, and online media.
Without a plan, you have a higher risk of failure, so consider it.
Optimize the User Experience
Whether it is an app, a mobile site, a corporate site, a blog or WordPress site, a social network, a forum, or any other type of Web-based business you are considering, make the user experience the best it can be.
To do so, it is always helpful to go through a serious functional plan. If you cannot do that, then at least take the time to think through, analyze, and write out the following elements:
- Who are my target users? What are their profiles? How do they consumer online?
- How do my target users buy? How do they make decisions? How do they research? Who do they influence?
- What does my online brand look like?
Define Your Market Position
Consider a unique market position that defines your personal or corporate personality. Take the time, do the research, and make the decision. If you are launching an online personal brand, take an inventory of your achievements, current competitive field, low-hanging fruit, and current online presence to consider your strengths, focus, and how you will market.
When launching a corporate brand, understand your online opportunities for engaging in a supportive social ecosystem, which will drive influence to your potential target. Influencers on the Web for a corporate brand include targeted industry and general business media, online target communities, complementary businesses and related associations, groups, and forums.
Playing the Percentages
Digital marketing can be overwhelming at times; it’s a challenge to stay up-to-date and know how to plan for the coming months. Based on the numbers, you should:
- Accelerate content output, optimize it for lead generation.
- Personalize ads so they are targeted at desired customers.
- Optimize response times, or risk losing potential customers.
- Ensure that your content is accessible on multiple devices.
There are a few important statistics to consider while planning your strategy:
- Digital marketers will produce more content. 76% 76%
- 2017 online traffic that will be video-based. 74% 74%
- More leads will be generated by companies with an active blog. 67% 67%
- More will be spent on marketing analytics. 60% 60%
- Increase in 2016 for mobile advertising. 45% 45%
- More customers will send direct social media messages to retailers. 21% 21%